What should I do when my Duluth home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your property – and your family – against the multitude of risks you may experience, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Even though your home might be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Duluth home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm can be jarring, confusing, and might incite panic. Your best choice is to stay calm and abide by these straightforward suggestions.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Duluth Goes Off
It’s a scenario no one wants to encounter, but it’s also the reason why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct blasting of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. So what are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the optimal way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to handle the emergency yourself instead let your monitoring professionals and first responders perform their job.
- Protect your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and leading them out of harm’s way. If you are dealing with a intrusion, this might include going to a designated secure area as far away from entry points as possible. Chances are your alarm already frightened away the invader, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s smoke or flames, you need to exit your house without delay.
- Remember your smartphone. These days, almost all homeowners have their smartphones at all times, but you could neglect to take it during a crisis. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and receive updates through your home security app.
Work With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Duluth goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first move is to validate your alarm, and that means getting in contact with you. The procedure they abide by is based on the sort of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency is triggered, one effort will be made to get in touch with you before assistance is sent out. If you have an intrusion - the most typical kind of alarm - a monitoring professional will follow these guidelines to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you through the touchscreen interface. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt is not successful, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your first contact person is attempted next.
- If there is still no answer, area police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will try to reach you again after the proper authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Assistance will still be sent even if you're not available to verify the emergency.
Prepare for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Duluth
Get prepared for any situation with a contemporary home alarm system in Duluth from Vivint. Dial (218) 585-7945 to begin customizing your home’s defense today.