Online purchasing and daily deliveries have become commonplace for countless homeowners. You appreciate the convenience of having packages dropped at your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes sitting in the open are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy is a real issue, but you can protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to deter porch pirates, but they provide so much more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an essential part of your smart home.
Perks of a Duluth video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a range of innovative features, and the technology keeps advancing. You can now customize detection zones, communicate with individuals in front of your door, and get immediate updates whenever an item arrives.
The easiest way to understand how a Duluth video doorbell camera works is to look at the many perks it gives you. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on each model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging burglary with visual and audible warnings. This is an effective way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors at your entry and packages on the walkway below. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage at any hour: What’s the use of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and difficult to see? Top models will provide incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is dropped off? You are able to get immediate alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and boxes.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is a person standing at your main entry? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to inquire about their purpose for being there. You might even use this handy feature to frighten off people hanging around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will let you minimize false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home offers you the opportunity to view real-time and recorded video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you can interact with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even let you talk with whoever’s at your door. These devices have become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.